A lot of exciting stuff has been happening behind the scenes here at Veterans Expeditions! We hope you’ve been keeping up on Facebook! In the next 10 days, we’ll be outlining our training program for a 9/11/11 summit attempt of the Grand Teton, talking more about our mountain biking program, and letting you know about the great sponsors who are joining our team!
Meanwhile, as we continue to grow, we need your help to keep telling our story and getting the word out about all that is going on! Are you, or is some you know, interested in gaining more experience in the exciting world of on-line communications? Great at Facebook, twitter, website communications? If you are, we need you!
Take a look at the job description below, and get in touch if this is you!
Veterans Expeditions is a blossoming non-for-profit focused on getting multiple generations of veterans outside. Study our website to fully understand our mission and functions: https://vetexpeditions.com/
• Must love blogging, reaching out to other bloggers who are involved with veteran affairs and creating partnerships
• Update website with content derived from participants and co-founders Nick and Stacy
• Build strong/active online presence
• Optimize social media platforms
• Regularly share/update blogs, Facebook community, Twitter, create content and curate accordingly
• Develop far reaching social media strategy
• Possibly do some PR outreach
Understanding of the issues facing veterans a plus but not required
Estimated that the work will on average require 10 hours a week.
This is an unpaid internship position, but efforts will be made to get the intern discounted gear from partners and participation on expeditions whenever possible.
Being located in Colorado or the DC Capitol area is a plus, but not required.
Individual will have the opportunity to expand the profile of a young, but growing, exciting non-profit directly impacting the lives of active duty, National Guard, Air National Guard, Reservists, and veterans of the United States Armed Forces.
Please send a one page resume and brief cover letter explaining your background, interests, and why you would be the best person for the job to email@example.com!